Adolescent Drug Addiction Treatment in Our Utah Center
Addiction does not just lie within adults, it can affect anyone, including adolescents. Even as a teenager, one may have developed limiting behaviors that have led to unhealthy habits that harm the body, mental health, and even those around you.
Pathways Real Life Recovery is here to help your adolescent overcome their addiction and lead the whole family down the path to self-discovery and healing. We have many years of experience working with dual diagnosis cases – drug, alcohol, or mental health-related. In addition, we offer various forms of treatment and testing in which your family is involved, and we are with you every step of the way.
Adolescent Substance Abuse Evidence-based Treatment Methods
We firmly believe in an overall rehabilitation that takes into account addiction and the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of addicted teens and their families.
- One-on-One Counseling: Addicts need therapy to teach them the skills needed to maintain a sober life. Our main form of treatment is counseling, during which therapists work with teens to identify problems such as addiction triggers. By working with counselors on a steady basis, they learn to understand and fight addiction.
- Core Belief Restructuring: Core beliefs started shaping at a very young age and guide our lives. For addicts, it is important to make changes to these core beliefs if they are contributing to addiction problems. Addicts may believe, for example, that they don't deserve help because they aren't worthy. Addressing this belief and changing it is a key to success.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Teens should understand their own thinking and the behaviors that stem from this thinking. Counselors help teens understand their addiction, and teach them to engage in healthy responses rather than turning to addictive substances.
- Family Therapy: Family problems can lead drug or alcohol abuse, thus addressing the entire family in therapy is a key part of recovery. Family members learn in therapy how to create a healthy environment, so everyone can thrive.
- Detox Services: Physical symptoms of drug withdrawal range from mild to severe. We partner with several highly rated detox centers in Utah to ensure patients get help throughout detoxification. This process allows dangerous toxins to leave the body, so addicts can physically deal with moving forward.
- Motivational Interviewing: Counselors using motivational interviewing ask questions that get to the core of the attitudes that lead to a positive and successful recovery. The process of answering these questions helps teens understand themselves and resolves harmful internal conflicts.
- Genetic Testing for Medication Management: It is important to understand how one's body responds to medications so that doctors can determine what works best and in what dosages. Genetic testing can determine, for example, if a teen with anxiety issues that lead to drug abuse will respond better to one drug rather than another. Everyone is unique, and our genetic testing at Pathways helps us give you the personalized treatment you deserve.
Teen Prescription Drug Abuse
Both teenagers and adults may think that prescription drugs are not as harmful as illegal drugs. Abusing prescription drugs, especially those prescribed for someone else, can lead to serious health and behavior problems. Prescription drugs are not only extremely dangerous, their abuse often acts as a gateway to further addictions. We treat teen prescription drug abuse with the same commitment as we do for street drugs.