Are you are a loved one suffering from an opiate addiction? If so, you’re not alone. Utah is in the midst of a prescription pill overdose epidemic. One of the most abused prescription medications is narcotic painkillers. Commonly abused opiates include Hydrocodone (Vicodin),
Oxycodone (Oxycontin, Percocet), Morphine, and Codeine. If you or a loved one are seeking opiate addiction treatment, contact Pathways Real Life Recovery at 801-895-3006 for a free assessment. Our approach to Opiate addiction recovery is based on 30 years of research, and our program has an astounding 85% success rate. Counselors are available 24/7 to help individuals to learn how to lead a sober, happy, and fulfilled life.
Signs of an Opiate Addiction
Opiate addictions often start with a prescription. Because these powerful drugs are prescribed, it can be difficult to recognize an opiate addiction. If you have started stealing medications, buying the medication from someone else or off the street, or “doctor shopping,” visiting multiple doctors complaining about pain so you get multiple prescriptions, you may have an addiction.
The signs of an opiate addiction include uncontrollable cravings, irritability, constipation, shallow breathing, constricted pupils, and slurred speech. Pathways Real Life Recovery can provide detox to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms associated with recovering from opiate addiction.
Treatment for Opiate Addiction in Utah
With Pathways, there is no cookie cutter “one size fits” all approach; our patients work with counselors, therapists, and recovery specialists to create a personalized program that meets their needs and vision. Our medical examinations will determine if you’re struggling with any medical complications of your opioid addiction as well as identify any other drugs or alcohol in your body. Our psychiatric evaluation will let us determine if you’re struggling with any co-occurring disorders, as well as give us a general picture of your overall emotional health. We’ll take the results of these evaluations and work with you to create a plan of care for your stay with us.
Opiate addiction treatments vary, but may include:
- Detox: Medication-assisted treatment for opioid addiction is often the first step in an individual’s journey towards recovery. The goal of detox is to medically assist in the withdrawal process from opiate drugs, which includes stabilizing the amount of medication needed. Medication such as Suboxone may be used during detox as a way to manage symptoms and then dosages are slowly tapered. Other people may require more long-term medication management to treat any co-occurring disorders. The usage of medication will be based upon the decisions of the treatment team. All detox is done under the supervision of a medical staff to ensure safety. The patient is treated in a manner that makes them comfortable as possible.
- Individual Therapy: The length of individual therapy is dependent upon each individual’s needs to work through their emotions about opiate addiction. All sessions are with a therapist, and they could be scheduled several times during the week. The goal is to devise coping strategies, learn ways to manage triggers, and focuses on preventing relapse.
- Family Therapy: One of the most important recovery tools for an individual is family support. It helps to uncover the triggers of the opiate addiction and mends broken relationships that have suffered from the individual’s actions. Family therapy gives family members an opportunity to express their pain of seeing a loved one being under the influence of drugs and how that has impacted their lives. A therapist can educate the family on how to empower versus enable their loved one. Pathways Real Life Recovery provides all participants an outlet for continued healing as a group.
- Inpatient/Outpatient Treatment Options: Opiate addiction rehab typically lasts from 30-to-90 days depending on the severity of addiction. The goal of treatment is to help identify inner strength while addressing the course for recovery. Our intensive outpatient program for opiate addiction recovery allows individuals to spend the evenings at home. Others may need a more structured approach to treatment and therefore join our inpatient addiction program.
- Aftercare: When you are nearing the end of your recovery journey, you will work with a counselor to plan the next steps of your care. Pathways monitors progress for up to 3 years after completing a treatment program.
Pathways is an Opiate Addiction Treatment Center in Utah
Pathways Real Life Recovery is the leading opiate addiction treatment center in Utah. We are conveniently located in the center of the Salt Lake Valley. We specialize in using medication-assisted recovery and counseling. If you’re looking to gain freedom from opiate addiction in Utah, then contact us for a FREE assessment opportunity.